Minutes: committee meeting – Sept 3 2014
NEWCASTLE TENNIS CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING, NO 7, 03/09/14
J Drayne, J Moore, A George, P Corrigan, R Corrigan, P Canavan, J Flanagan, S Doherty
T O Reilly, J Wilson
- The minutes of previous meeting were read and accepted as an accurate account.
- Election of assistant secretary to cover for J Mc Lister’s approx 3 month holiday, S Doherty to cover in this role during Jim’s absence.
- Jim Drayne stated that J Wilson was not happy with court no 2 repairs. Jim proposes a meeting with council re this and other issues e.g the creep on tennis court times by council usage. P Corrigan has liased with council re development of tennis in council and club and awaits P Mc Closkey’s reply. In response to this a meeting will be requested with the council to summarise clubs achievements and to highlight other issues as above. J Drayne P Corrigan and J Wilson to meet with council.
- Web Site Updating; P Corrigan requests liaison with web designers to upgrade various aspects of web site. Paddy will speak to T Mc Ilwrath re this.
- Sheila passes on to committee Tony Mc Ilwrath’s appreciation for sympathy card received by him from committee on the event of his brother in laws death.
- The N.T.C. sign is too big. It may be erected at side of pavilion and another sign fit for purpose obtained. The anti-climb paint is in place.
- The sub committee responsible for updating the constitution will meet 29/09/14 at 6 45 pm at N.T.C.
- R Corrigan stated that she had an email from a parent re junior club play. Information re this will be posted on web site and notice board at club house.
- Ann George to get back to source re club sweaters.
- J Moore stated she needed to return entry forms re Autumn/Flood Lit leagues and needs to know of interested members who will play. P Corrigan will put this on Web Site and E. Newsletter to members.
- R Corrigan is going to organise a mini tournament for intermediate to advanced players to take place mid to late Oct some Sunday from 10 to 1pm.