Minutes – committee meeting October 29 2014

NEWCASTLE TENNIS CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING, NO 8. 29/10/14

IN ATTENDANCE;           J Drayne, J Moore, A George, P Corrigan, R Corrigan, P Canavan, J Flanagan, J Wilson, D Gorman, T O Reilly, J Flannagan S Doherty.

The minutes of previous meeting were read and accepted as an accurate account,  Proposer – P Corrigan, seconded by J Drayne.

Jim Drayne commenced meeting by addressing some issues from previous meeting;

No 3 of committee meeting No 7;   Paddy Corrigan has telephoned P Mc Cluskey but has not received any reply. J Wilson suggests he try D J Morgan, Paddy will look into this.

No 4 Web Site updating still to be addressed by P Corrigan.

No 5b NTC sign, J Wilson to action ie to contact DDC re erecting the sign which was supplied but too large for purpose at side of pavilion facing the road. Terry O Reilly to chase up new sign for courts from South Down Signs.

No 5d Ann George will speak to Hazel re Friday evening club play.

Agenda for this meeting;

No 1 Danielle discussed the Satisfaction Survey which she would propose to use to survey membership on their opinions of various club issues. Danielle will circulate draft survey to committee members for their feedback.

No2  Coaching. Rachel feels a greater demand for more coaching and perhaps more coaches to deal with the demand of club members. The committee agreed to review the satisfaction survey on coaching issues and also to liase with Hazel re this issue.

No 3 Constitution. J Drayne Chairperson extends his appreciation to Rachel for all her hard work in typing out new constitution. Jim read through each item of amended constitution and any changes shall be inserted by Rachel and re emailed to committee for discussion at next meeting.

AOB.  T, O Reilly raised the question, “Should NTC have a defibrillator” after a short discussion it was agreed to re address this issue at a later stage.

Flood lights, the issue of poor flood lighting was once again raised and it was agreed that this would go unto the list for discussion with DDC.

Ann George informed the committee that the First Aid and Child Protection courses would be starting shortly and would be costing £450. It was agreed by committee that the fee for these courses would be met by NTC.

Ann also brought samples of leisure wear for NTC.  Ann will obtain further samples and pricing for next meeting.

J Moore informed the committee that 2 teams were entered into the Flood Lit league.

Meeting concluded, next committee meeting scheduled for 25/11/14 at 6 45pm.




© 2019 Newcastle Tennis Club