The Club operates in partnership with Newry, Mourne & Down District Council. The Council offers tennis to visitors and non-members during Easter week and from the end of June to the end of August. During these periods, Council hours are Monday to Saturday 11am to 6pm and Sundays 2pm to 6pm. A member may book a court by using the online court booking system. A non-member should contact the Council on 028 4372 5034 to make arrangements to play.
NTC LIGHTS AND KEY POLICY
NTC key holders are as follows: all Committee members, all Team Captains, Club Coach, YSNT Co-ordinator.
Lights will be accessible by request from the key holders only. Key holders will be available to turn on the lights Monday to Friday all year round, from 7-9.30pm, weather permitting. Please see rota on right of this page.
The following rules will apply:
1. After dark all Under 16s must be supervised by a parent (or an adult designated by a parent). The accompanying adult should take responsibility for ensuring that an official key holder locks up and switches on/off lights.
2. After dark, 16-18 year olds may be on court, as long as they are either accompanied by one or more peer(s), or with a parent, or an adult designated by a parent. If there is no adult present, peers must lock the court gate while they are on court. In either case, an official key holder must lock up and switch on/off lights.
3. Monday Night Senior Club Play is reserved for adults only, and group participation is required.
4. Wednesday Night Club Play is not restricted to Seniors, and group participation is not required.
5. There are many sessions set aside for Juniors such as Junior Club Play, Youth Club (YSNT), (check the calendar on the website for session times), and any non-scheduled day time hours.
N.B.: ALL MEMBERS MUST ABIDE BY THESE PROCEDURES
The club’s AGM takes place early each calendar year and all members will be notified of same. Annual subscription will be decided at this meeting and members informed of this shortly afterwards together with details of when due. Please note if fees are not paid on time, for insurance purposes, no play will be allowed, including league matches.
New members are always encouraged and so there is arrangement in place whereby a member may invite potential member(s) to play a maximum of three times, before being obliged to join the Club if they wish to continue playing.
Below are links to downloadable versions of Club policies and other documents (click relevant link)
Court keys are available to members from Rachel Corrigan, (07591 762061) – a deposit of £20 is payable.
The rota for keys and lights (Monday – Friday, 7pm – 9:30pm) is as follows:
Monday nights: Terry O’Reilly 07885 07520
Tuesday nights: Jutta McNaulty 07840 317500
Wednesday nights: Paul Canavan 07709 968476
Thursday nights: Sam Clegg 07794 452762
Friday nights: Rachel Corrigan 07591 762061
© 2019 Newcastle Tennis Club